Refined proofreading for digital and print
Most people cringe at the thought of proofreading – not I! In fact, I love it! So, if you have something that needs running by a professional second pair of eyes, why not get in touch?
You may wonder why use a proofreader now that spell- and grammar checkers are ubiquitous. The answer is simple: I will spot things they won’t. Things like ‘you must now‘ instead of ‘you must not‘ (which can make all the difference in a set of instructions). Or ‘tit’ instead of ‘it’.
I will also spot missing words, inconsistencies in layout and content, misplaced commas that cause confusion – and much more. As a professional proofreader, I am trained to look for:
- typos, misspellings, grammatical errors and punctuation issues
- inconsistencies in content and layout
- departures from style guidelines (if you have any – if not, I can create some for you)
- problems with numbering sequences, tables, illustrations and references
- ambiguity and opportunities to improve clarity, flow and readability.
Can your spellchecker do that?